Elderberry is a start-up business that provides a platform for meaningful exchange of knowledge, experience and wisdom between business elders (Elders) and entrepreneurial spirited women (Berries). In doing this we harness the leadership potential of women AND leverage the tacit knowledge and wisdom of Elders. We do this in two ways:
1. Through the development of a global web-based platform and
2. Through consulting services within large organisations (businesses, government and not-for-profits) that are about establishing intergenerational mentoring platforms and designing approaches to phased and meaningful retirement.
DEVELOPED BY: Inge van der Poel
Our vision is to create THE place where entrepreneurial spirited women (Berries) collaborate with each other and with business elders (Elders) to build successful businesses that change the world. We believe Elderberry will attract game changers and entrepreneurial innovators who, together, will create a movement of change in business. We will also create a much-needed entrepreneurial alternative to retirement that enables business Elders to work with agency, and on their terms.
Elders and entrepreneurial spirited women in business (global).
The outcomes we are seeking to achieve include:
- Leadership development of women change makers and entrepreneurs to help change the business culture
- Meaningful alternatives to retirement through ongoing work and participation for older citizens
- Challenge the notion of retirement
PAID WORKERS: 0
HOURS PER MONTH: 4
PROGRAM GUIDE: N/A
OTHER SUPPORT MATERIAL: N/A
COSTS/FUNDING: Seeking funding for start-up
POLICIES FOR REPLICATING:
We plan to make this globally accessible.
Please complete our online Program User Form if you are interested in trying out this program and need more information. You will be contacted shortly by a member of the Pass It On Network team after you submit the completed form.